Tuesday, February 26, 2008

He Preserves Us

I meant to post this last night, but I didn't get a chance. Jade's post today inspired me to make sure I wrote this one tonight. For Christmas, my mom gave me a daily devotional for women called, Walking with Christ Everday. This devotion came along exactly when I needed it...

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will exist no longer; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer, because the previous things have passed away." Revelation 21:4

Women of every generation have experienced adversity, and this generation is no different. But, today's women face challenges that previous generations could have scarcely imagined. Thankfully, although the world continues to change, God's love remains constant. And, He remains ready to comfort us and strengthen us whenever we turn to Him.

God's Word promises, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. The Lord preservees all who love Him" (Psalm 45:18-20). This comforting passage reminds us that when we are troubled, we should call upon God, and in time, He will heal us. And until He does, we may be comforted in the knowledge that we never suffer alone.

2 comments:

jgaskin said...

So good that I have copied this and saved it! Thanks!

kT and A said...

I think I need to read that book...