Thursday, April 3, 2008

So long, Houston!!

I have some very exciting news to share. Casey (my boyfriend) is finally moving back to Mississippi! We have spent our entire relationship at a distance. Even though we've only been dating a little over 7 months, I think it's time to finally be in the same town! We've built a solid foundation with LOTS of trust, FAITH, and commitment.
Currently Casey works for Exxon in Houston but has been thinking (unbeknownst to me) about switching gears. When he came to town last weekend a day early (surprise, Nat!) he informed me that he had a job interview in Columbus. I tried not to get my hopes up too much and just trust his judgment. For the last few days, we've prayed, talked, weighed his pros and cons, and prayed some more. He made the decision yesterday, and it's great news. Not only will he be closer so we can finally spend more than a weekend together, he'll be so much happier in his new job and will find much success!

I think I'm going to try to make one more trip out to Houston. It'll be a little bittersweet I'm sure, but I won't miss the flights out there! Casey will be here sometime in May. Congrats to Casey! and ME ;)

4 comments:

jgaskin said...

Yay! I am so happy for ya'll. He is cute and seems to be a great guy.I have not forgotten about you- I will email you in a bit about the collage...

kT and A said...

That's great! I know you're so excited!

Renee Lynn said...

Okay, I know that I have said "Yay" a million times....but I will say it one more. "YYYYAAAAYYYY"

Rachel T. said...

May I say that I'm very excited for you as well. I think God has definitely got wonderful things in store for us. In case I don't say it enough you are a great friend that I'm so thankful for.