Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How BLONDE Can I Be??

Seriously! I do not know what my problem is when it comes to cooking. I told my mom tonight that the Lord just did not intend on me being able to cook. I decided the other day that I was finally going to put all these cookbooks to good use. (My friends and family have been giving me SIMPLE cookbooks for a few years now--I think they're trying to help me out!--It isn't working!) I got out my trusty, Any Blonde Can Cook, cookbook and wrote down a few recipes to try. Tonight, I decided to go with breakfast pizza. Simple, right? Not for me. How can you possibly screw up breakfast pizza? It had like maybe 5 ingredients! The last step was to beat 4 eggs and some milk and pour over the top. Ok, fine. I beat the eggs and milk and begin to pour...

...apparently I'm an idiot because when I go to put it in the oven, the egg and milk starts running over the sides. Yep, that runs into the bottom of the oven (the HOT oven). I take it out. It runs everywhere else. I just started laughing. It's all I could do. I clean it up and give it another go. Mind you, my apartment smells a bit like burnt something! I gave it a shot. It would've tasted good had I just done it all right in the first place. Wow, what an experience. I think tomorrow night I'll go with something else...We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

NAT!! I love this story! You are funny! I have the same cookbook, it's SIMPLE! Come on gf, you can do it..

Renee Lynn said...

Ha!!! Just remember, drain the chicken.... :) I'm like Mandi, you can do it!!!