Sunday, April 13, 2008

Engagement Party & Honoring Matthew

Another weekend has come and gone. Friday night I worked the baseball game and then went to an engagement party for my friend Emilia. We had a great time, but of course I was home by 10 and in bed by 10:30! This was just the beginning of all the parties and celebrations to come--I have THREE weddings in a row in October. (bridesmaid in two).

On Sunday I was so lucky to be invited to go with the Gaskin's to an organ/tissue donor recognition in Tupelo. Lots of families were gathered around, and we each had a balloon to represent our loved one. We released the balloons all together, and it was a very special, emotional moment. Then we all gathered at the GumTree Museum for a program where they showed a very sweet slideshow with donors' pictures. The picture of Matthew was so cute! I miss him so much!! I am so thankful to have been able to go and honor my wonderful friend.

1 comments:

Brenner said...

I didn't know Emilia was engaged!!!! That is so exciting! Tell her I said congratulations. You should talk her into starting a blog and counting down with details.