Friday, April 25, 2008

C is for Community College

Yes, Community College. I spent my first two years after high school at Northeast Mississppi CC, and I wouldn't trade those two years for anything! I had some of the best times ever there. Northeast is located in Booneville, MS..only about 45 minutes away from New Albany. So even though I was away from home, I really wasn't. It was just enough distance for my first college experience. My freshmen year I lived with Kayla in the dorm (Mississippi as it was called). It was actually really nice, and we loved it! Our neighbors on both sides were NA girls, so that made it even more fun. Two doors down were the Lann twins who I would later reconnect with! They are Gaskin's cousins :) Kayla, Renee, and I spent a lot of time making new friends at the BSU. I think we all three had a different guy to crush on! I made some great friends that year. Two of my best friends at NE were Matt Lott and Dave Stovall. They started a band called, Freshmen 15...and today they are becomming HUGE in the contemporary Christian music industry! They have some new band members and have changed their name to Wavorly. I am so proud of them!Northeast was a wonderful experience and one I will remember forever. This picture is from my freshman year. I look so young! I sometimes wouldn't mind being 18 again...

2 comments:

Renee Lynn said...

Yeah, Northeast!!! Good times. There are several names I could mention, but I don't think I will ;)

kT and A said...

I wish we could all go back! I miss it so much!