Thursday, May 1, 2008

H is for my...HAIR!

Yep, my hair. If you know me at all, then you know my hair pretty much has a personality of its own. I schedule things around washing/straightening my hair. It's sad, but true. Up until 2nd grade, I had "normal" hair. Straight, not too thick, easy to dry. And then, something changed. From then on out, my hair got thicker, curlier, frizzier..just miserable. While in the auditorium as a 2nd or 3rd grader, this guy behind me (who we all had crushes on), taps me on the shoulder and said, "can you scoot over, you know, your hair's kinda big". I've NEVER forgotten that moment!! It used to take an hour to dry and mama would pull and pull and fight and sweat drying it and trying to satisfy me. I have always been so self-conscious about it! I used to get chemical straighteners ALL the time. They never helped that much, but they did help my self esteem! Thank the good Lord for Chi irons now! Seriously, my hair has changed a lot now and is A LOT calmer. It's still trouble for me when it's humid and when I'm swimming or whatever, but I have to deal with it and yall have to look at it! HA.

4 comments:

Rachel T. said...

I just have to say that I was there and that's an afternoon that will not be forgotten anytime soon. Still makes me laugh, thanks for making me laugh Nat!

kT and A said...

This is too funny! I could compete, but you would definitely win! I remember when you used to sit in front of the mirror in the dorm for hours; that was hard work!

Renee Lynn said...

Aaahhh!! I love it. Know all about the lovely hair!

Mandi said...

BEST H EVER!!! Man I wonder who helped you with that one?!?! oohhh the stories with the HAIR!