Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A real fine place to start...

Well hello friends! I decided to try getting back into the blogging world. I came across a friend's blog via facebook, and it was so cute and inspired me to have another go at it! It is so funny/strange to go back and read some of my old posts and remember what all was going on in my life. It is crazy how time flies by and how quickly things can change. Since I last wrote, I'd say some things have changed and gears have shifted..let's see here...


The athletic department is still my beloved workplace. That hasn't changed. Things are going well there although faces change there like crazy. I guess that's part of that line of work, but it does make me sad at times. I'll be there 4 years in June...wow. I've been a grown up for far too long now.

I'm a whopping 27 years old. Living the single life, and trying to remember to thank God for that daily. It can be tough to watch friends get married, have babies, and move on in life when I'm still at this stage. However, I am actually having the time of my life right now. I have the best friends in Starkville that I couldn't be more thankful for. They are so much fun, keep me laughing and encouraged, and even more..they are a great range in age (younger, same, and older!), and that keeps life so entertaining. God has done some great things in my life. It has just taken me a little while to realize that through the pain, there is healing. And man, I've really grown in my faith. My preacher asked me recently, "Have you ever been content with just you and God?" I had to stop and really think. My answer at the time was no. It is AMAZING what He will do in your life when you realize He's truly all you need.

I'll leave with posting a few pics of friends and my sweet little (getting bigger!) niece Caroline. Hope to keep this blogging thing up.

1 comments:

jgaskin said...

Sooo glad you are back!!!!